It’s that time of year again. As we reevaluate our lives and determine what should be our focus for the new year, invariably we talk of getting organized and keeping a cleaner house. My social media feeds are crammed full of such fodder so I have decided to literally add to the clutter.
Things People With Spotless Houses Do Every Day
1. They don’t have kids.
2. They don’t even think about having kids. The mere act of thinking about having kids sparks the big bang of chaos.
3. They don’t ever have animals squirrel into the house undetected and find a discrete place (attic, wall) to die and stink up the place for a month.
4. They don’t ever cook in their houses. Nor do they shower, or sleep, or even live in their pretty perfect houses.
5. They never buy anything so there is never anything new to be put away.
6. They hire a maid anyway. Just in case.
This post was inspired by 11 Things People With Spotless Houses Do Every Day. It’s a pretty good list. Some of those things I actually do. Some of them I will never do. But no one has ever accused me of having a spotless house.